Friday, April 8, 2011



“I was fundamentally happier, I found, with my focus on the ground," she writes. "For the first time, I could clearly see the connection between my actions and their consequences. I knew why I was doing what I was doing, and I believed in it. I felt the gap between who I thought I was and how I behaved begin to close, growing slowly closer to authentic…I was beginning to learn something about the peace you can find inside an infinite challenge.”
-Kristin Kimball, The Dirty Life

I just finished one of the best books, The Dirty Life by Kristin Kimball. It's the true story of a city girl who falls in love with a farmer and then farming (or it might be the other way around) and her transition from city life to the life of a true organic farmer on a not-so-small farm. She is funny and genuine and pretty much tells it like it is.

 
I have heard the quote many times "you reap what you sow" but Kristen Kimball tells it like it really is. She says; “Because you don’t reap what you sow. That’s a lie. You reap what you sow, hill, cultivate, fertilize, harvest, and store.”

All I have left to say is READ THIS BOOK!!!! Such a fabulous, fun, feel good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment